Operate a variety of motorized and hand tools, machines. Monitor and control the quality of machining processes by utilizing process control tools. Maintain the production processes and work within the expected quality standards and efficiencies that are established for the product line.
- Visually inspect part for minor defects such as blemishes, minor scratches or other cosmetic imperfections and perform the established functions to restore to optimal condition. These functions include deburring, buffing, cleaning and polishing using various equipment.
- Deburr metal parts to established optimal quality standards.
- Buff metal parts to optimal customer cosmetic standards.
- Polish metal parts using lapping machines and other means to restore brilliancy and cosmetic standards.
- Clean metal parts using established washed procedures.
- Apply paint as specified in small areas of a metal part using motorized equipmentPerform data collection and communication tasks in Epicor and other applications.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and use the accepted tools, such as — brainstorming, C&E, tool tryout sheets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- The machine operator is required to be on their feet ten to twelve hours per day using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery.
- The machine operator must be capable of lifting and moving up to 25 pounds potentially on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices. Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Individuals will safely work near moving mechanical parts of machinery and electrically activated devices. Individuals are occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
- Read and interpret Autocam Medical manufacturing instructions.
- Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reading and interpreting technical documentation; including blueprints.
- Proper use of metric scales, micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators and various other gauges.
- Proven mechanical aptitude. Proven through documented experience and/or testing.
- Reading and math skills for interpretation of technical documents used in the manufacturing process.
- Proven manual dexterity and lift capacity.