Quality Inspector -Kentwood
The Quality Inspector is responsible for understanding customer quality related requirements while supporting our high standards of precision and quality products in the inspection of medical parts.
- Inspect parts visually and with manual gages to verify conformance to the print.
- Contribute support for CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Actions) activities.
- Identify areas of improvement and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform testing, gather and record data, analyze results and report product and in-process monitoring test results.
- Assists during audit activities.
- Assist with calibration and maintenance activities.
- Create and maintain data files and forms. Initiate and assist in the investigation and disposition of nonconforming materials.
- Review device history records (DHR) and acceptance records to ensure all quality assurance activities have been performed and approved.
- Update databases and spreadsheets used to track, monitor, and report department activities.
- Communicate with a wide variety of personnel in and across Manufacturing and Quality Teams.
- Work with engineers and other quality technicians collect and summarize quality data.
- Participate in Continues Improvement efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
- Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills with ability to prepare/review and/or approve technical documentation.
- Problem solving and sound decision making.
- Prior knowledge/experience surrounding quality control inspection is preferred.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-pace and rapidly evolving environment.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended period of times.
- Lift 20 lbs. or greater as needed.