Quality Inspector -TN (Nights w/ 15% differential)
Quality Inspector inspects parts coming in and going out to our customers to verify compliance with drawings, procedures, purchase order, and regulatory requirements. Performs duties with limited supervision following established procedures and processes.
- Read and interpret blueprints; understand, interpret and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per the requirements of ANSI Y14.5.
- Part inspection using standard measuring and test equipment as well as specialized gauging.
- Creates inspection procedures and establishes inspection criteria per customer requirements.
- Interfaces with suppliers on quality issues.
- Creates non-conformance reports and initiates corrective and preventive actions where appropriate.
- Initiates documentation for the investigation, resolution, and follow-up of customer complaints.
- Supplier Quality Evaluation
- Perform data entry into QA System of accepted and rejected parts.
- Provide evaluation information to the suppliers and to employees directly dealing with the suppliers.
- Verify quantities of materials, hardware, etc., on the route sheet throughout the process.
- Transfer parts from one route sheet to another to account for quantities of parts expedited, etc.
- Verify that vendor supplied inspection documentation is included as required by purchase order and is complete
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Must have a basic knowledge of blueprint interpretation, inspection techniques, and standard machine shop practices.
- Must have knowledge of QA software.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods, using a computer keyboard.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to lift, carry, and put away parcels weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.