HR Generalist, Kentwood
HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties in a professional level. The HR Generalist works closely with the HR manager in supporting multiple geographic locations. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, recruiting, payroll, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, time and attendance administration, employee engagement activities, employment law compliance and general HR administrative functions.
- The HR Generalist serves as a change agent to the organization by recommending and supporting new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains standard work for all established procedures.
- Administers the benefit program including claim resolution assistance, change reporting, invoice processing for payment and assist in the communication of benefit information to employees.
- Assists with the administration of FMLA, STD/LTD, Worker’s Compensation and worker safety program.
- Administers the Time and Attendance program and processes payroll accurately and on a timely basis.
- Assists in the development and administration of employee engagement surveys.
- Administers the awards and recognition program.
- Conducts recruiting efforts for hourly, temporary and Co-op/Internship personnel and the new employee onboarding/orientation process.
- Monitors the hourly employee performance evaluation process and hourly employee compensation practices.
- Handles employee relations counseling and hourly employee exit interviewing.
- Works to standardize and share best practices throughout the organization.
- Maintains Human Resources information systems records and compiles reports from the database(s).
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws. Performs database and personnel record audits to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the development and execution of departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintains employee personnel and medical files.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- $50000.00 – $65000.00 / Year
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related discipline, willing to consider alternate Bachelor Degree programs with relevant experience in excess of the requirement below.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in generalist Human Resources capacity.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications, required (Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project and Power Point)
- Proven team building, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities.