Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for oversight of daily operations as well as strategic planning to ensure the optimum efficiency and security of both applications and the network. This position oversees IT support services for multiple locations (servers, applications and phones, connectivity) and provides leadership of and direction to several direct reports to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The Director of Information Technology is a member of the Autocam Medical Leadership Team.
- Manage the administration of end-user systems, networking and applications (e.g. email systems, passwords, accounts, print queue, workstation ID, IP assignments, computer labs, on-site computers, VOIP, security, antivirus, spyware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of services to authorized users with minimal downtimes.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Manage and participate in all new system selections.
- Provide guidance and expertise to all departments with the design of information systems.
- Oversee all acquisitions of computer hardware, software and communications equipment.
- Formulate and uphold company hardware and software standards.
- Negotiate acquisition and support contacts with outside suppliers for hardware, software, and communication related items.
- Manage the installation and implementation of all hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment (including upgrades) utilizing ITIL or PMI methodology (Development of a work plan (WBS), Resource Plan, Risk Management Plan, Communications Management Plan, Project Budget, Issue Management Plan (Change Control), etc.).
- Assists with troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications within the organization’s local and wide area networks, television, wireless, intercom, telephones and security systems (e.g. servers, hubs, routers, network protocols, etc.) for the purpose of resolving operational issues and restoring services. Assesses escalated incidents to ensure proper priority is assigned and for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Develop, procure or conduct necessary training materials and other training requirement for computer software/hardware related training for all departments.
- Evaluate the overall IT departmental performance and report out to Leadership Team.
- Negotiate contracts with outside suppliers for computer software/hardware related training.
- Install and maintain EPICOR and all EPICOR related systems.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining adherence to software licensing agreements.
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of a disaster prevention and recovery plan.
- Provide general support for hardware and software malfunctions on a 24-hour on-call basis.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Develop and present to the company’s executive team an IT Strategic Plan.
- The IT Director has overall responsibility for execution of the IT strategic plan.
- Participate in user groups and forums that will be beneficial to the company.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Salaried position with room for growth.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- Pay competitively to the market
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Technical Capability
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer/Client Focus
- Bachelor of Science Degree in computer education or related field with appropriate experience.
- ERP experience required; EPICOR experience preferred.
- Execution of an IT Strategic Plan is desired.
- Maintain a high-level of user satisfaction company-wide.