CNC Machinist-Kentwood (Night Shift – %15 Differential)
8:00pm-6:00am with a 15% differential.
CNC Machinist set-up and operate single and/or multiple spindle machines. Monitor and control the quality of machining processes by utilizing process control tools. Maintain the production processes and work within the expected quality standards and efficiencies that are established for the product line.
- Read part prints and job orders for all product specifications, i.e., dimensions, tolerances, inspection, number of parts to be machined and tooling instructions such as; cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools required.
- Use machine controls to cycle machine through; production operations, set-up, adjusting tool positions, and changing tools. Also to review machine operating criteria such as cycle time and spindle rpm.
- Install specified collets, bushings, and stock pushers onto stock feeding mechanism and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
- Install and adjust specified cams, gears and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station.
- Change, position and secure tools in tool holders by utilizing tool monitoring system and presetting equipment.
- Perform first piece sample inspection according to the operation control plan. By utilizing qualified measuring devices, the machinist monitors the part dimensions through continuous checking of part features and process control tools (such as SPC).
- Maintain all lubricants and coolants, and other operator maintenance, on the machine that are used in daily operation.
- Perform data collection and communication tasks in MRP system (Epicor) and other applications.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and use the accepted tools, such as – brainstorming, C&E, tool tryout sheets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- The machinist is required to be on their feet ten to twelve hours per day using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery. They will also be required to frequently walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch; under, over and around machines.
- The machinist must be capable of lifting and moving up to 25 pounds potentially on a frequent basis.